Thursday, December 24, 2009

rubbish, rubbish, all around

I honestly hate it when people use my bipolar disorder as an excuse to not do something. I've been awake since earlier today, while my fiance JJ continued to sleep until almost 4pm. What irritates me is the fact that we have a tea time appointment at 4pm with his dad and his granny, and he's completely oblivious to the fact that: a) we might be late, b) we've yet to put up decorations for the party tomorrow, and c) the house is very unkempt, and not to mention we have a dinner with my family at 8pm tonight. The dishes are piling up in the sink, and I've to do them, sweep the floor, mop the floor, take out the trash, etc. There are worksheets all over the front table (his, not mine), and pizza boxes and medications (his, not mine) all over the dining table. And he's taking it so calmly. The fact that his dad is staying over tonight also means that it'll be harder to clean the house while he's around, and we should have the house clean by then.

But JJ just woke up, and went straight to take a shower, which means that the tasks fall completely on me. I hate domestication and the fact that the "woman" has to do all the chores of the house, even though the "woman" also has to work a day job. How is this fair?

And then he uses the excuse that I "do not live in the now". And to "live in the now", he was going to take a shower and figure out the cleaning up later. What rubbish! I mean, sure, I may be ridden with some sickness but that doesn't mean that I don't function like a normal human being. And normal human beings feel irritated too when their fiance decides to wake up so late in the evening (which is so abnormal) and then go on doing his normal business without caring about the house. I mean, WTF! At this point of time, I must officially say that I hate men. And sometimes I don't know why I officially put myself as a slave to any man - apparently commitment puts you through that. Sure, it's different if you have a husband/boyfriend/fiance who co-operates with you, but otherwise having such a relationship is too difficult.

So yeah, Christmas eve may be today, and Christmas may be tomorrow, but I'm not the most excited person in the world. Santa can leave me alone, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment