Thursday, April 22, 2010

diane 35

right now i don't know for sure what is causing my severe bloating, but i am willing to try anything. current step is to visit a gynaecologist, and she has prescribed me with diane 35, as a treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). took a blood test today, and the results will be out in a week to confirm whether i have PCOS or not. diane 35 is basically an oral contraceptive pill, also used to treat acne. so i'm hoping if it doesn't work on my bloating, at least it will help clear up my skin. i still believe what i'm having is strictly hormonal, because for 24 years of my life i had beautiful skin, and all of a sudden in my adult life, i was hit hard with acne, bloating, and weight gain. even depression came back with a force.

i also took a test for thyroid, suspecting myself of having hypothyroidism. like i said, i'm willing to try anything at this point. perhaps my next step if diane 35 doesn't work is to try a food allergy test. there have also been suggestions online that i should try a low-carb diet.

pray with me, and pray for me that this works. i've been struggling with bloating for so long i've begun to lose self-confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Babe, how'd the treatment go for Diane 35? Did it work? My doctor also prescribed it to me to treat mild acne. I won't go on it until I know for sure that I have a hormonal imbalance... so I'm getting that checked out next month.

    Tell me you have glowing skin now because of it!!!

    I also suspect that I have hypothyroidism. Wow, you and I probably have the same body chemistry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I actually got switched from Diane-35 to Yaz because it didn't work for my acne. Even now that I'm on Yaz I still experience acne. But everyone's different and I've heard success stories from friends, so maybe it's worth a shot. I did switch skincare though, and now although it's not perfect I don't get bad breakouts. Hope I helped!

    ReplyDelete